- Denise Bibro Fine Art Gallery (NY)
- Equity Gallery (NY)
- College of New Rochelle (NY)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (NJ)
- New Britain Museum of American Art (CT)
- Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art (GA)
- University of Connecticut Stamford Art Gallery (CT)
- Hurlbutt Gallery (CT)
- GE Cultural Art Gallery and GE’s Cultural online gallery (CT)
- Flinn Gallery (CT)
- Silvermine Guild’s Art of the Northeast (CT)
- National Arts Club (NY)
- Sylvia Wald/Po Kim Gallery (NY)
- Bendheim Gallery (CT)
- Salmagundi Club (NY)
- Govenor’s State Office Gallery (GA)
- Ruth Hall Hodges Art Gallery (GA )
Born in Vermont, Stancell grew up in rural New England, the fourth of five children. Her father was a dairy farmer and her mother, a school teacher. She earned her BA at the University of Massachusetts Amherst where her coursework included German, physics, and history of art. She resides in Connecticut with her husband and where she has her studio.
Stancell’s interest in art was peaked by her UMass Amherst history of art studies and by a semester of independent study in Germany followed by visits to many European cities and museums. After her graduation from UMass Amherst, she began taking drawing, painting and sculpture classes evenings after work. Stancell continued to develop her interest and work in art during the two and a half years she and her husband lived in London. This was followed by extensive international travels with her husband which included visits to numerous art museums and galleries around the world.
Stancell’s art studies include coursework at the Corcoran School of Art, Washington, DC, at The School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA, and with artist and teacher Chery Baird at The Spruill Art Center, Dunwoody, GA.